Tuesday, July 10, 2012

From Patti: Guatemala Mission Team Countdown 6 or 13 days

Preparation…more than Packing… Prepare your Hearts…

“Truly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” Matthew 26:13

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all record this tender moment but only Matthew says the perfume was “very expensive.” Others tell us it was worth an entire year’s wage. Yet, Mary broke the jar and poured it out on the feet of Jesus. She then wiped the excess off with her hair. Mary did not speak a word. The gospels tell us she wept as she poured out the perfume and wiped her Lord’s feet. How much Mary understood about what was to come, we don’t know. We only know that her act was a holy one because it was preparation of the sacrifice. It was a deed that honored the savior for what was about to happen.

Have you ever served someone at great expense to yourself and never spoken a word while doing it? Have you ever given deeply of what you have without being concerned whether anyone notices or even thanks you for it.

Take some advice from Mary. Without a word she gave a great gift, served in a humble way, and honored her Lord. And Jesus said, “Wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will also be told in memory of her.”

Start a ripple with those around you; don’t just make waves.

*****************************************
Question for the Day…What is the name of the lake near where we are staying?
Lake Atilla (ah-tee-lan)

Information that is Helpful…
-Kids Against Hunger will be on Sept 30…I think I gave out the wrong date earlier
-for the rain…I find it easiest to use one of those plastic Ponchos that fold up so easily as don’t take much space
-I always travel with my own comforts…reading material, iPod, lotions, etc.
-did I tell you the showers are huge, made of tile and are Walk in?

No comments:

Post a Comment